1 John 3:16


"By this we perceive the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."

Thursday 15 July 2010

Micah

Wherewith shall I come before the Lord and bow myself before the high God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:6-8).

Do justly: That is, walk in integrity, honesty and openness before God and man.
Defend the cause of the just. Speak out when the unjust are punished. Speak out when truth is trodden down. Not just because it affects us, or to justify our self, but to stand for the truth and for others.

None calls for justice, nor any pleads for truth: they trust in vanity and speak lies; they conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity. (Is 59:4).

And judgement is turned away backward and justice stands afar off: for truth is fallen in the street and equity cannot enter. Yes, truth fails; and he that departs from evil makes himself a prey: and the Lord saw it and it displeased Him that there was no judgement. (Is 59:14-15).

For I the Lord love judgement, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. (Is 61:8).

We are silent when these things go on, preaching on prosperity while the gospel is trodden under foot. Where is the voice of the church? “None calls for justice.” What do we live for? What motivates us? Do we hide from truth to be acceptable, to maintain our professional opportunities, or are we faithful to the Lord who bought us with His own blood?

No comments: